Congratulations to CADC member Fay Arfa on her huge victory in People v. Daniel Clark, In re Daniel Clark, L.A. No. MA035466, Court of Appeal Nos. B203220 , B228831.
After ten years, five months and fifteen days, two trials and two reversals on appeal, the prosecution and defense reached an agreement releasing Daniel Clarke from state prison. Attorney Fay Arfa fought for Clarke’s freedom for years, never giving up hope. Clarke had been serving a sentence of 32 years to life in prison for six felonies, including the rape of pregnant T.G., the mother of his son. Forensic evidence proved Clarke’s accuser had lied and self inflicted her wounds to keep Clarke from gaining custody of their son.More at the Link..
Fay Arfa has the distinction of being Certified as a Specialist in two separate areas of law – Criminal Law as well as Appellate Law – by the California State Bar, Board of Specialization. The National Board of Trial Advocacy has also awarded her a board Certification in Criminal Trial Advocacy. She has been named as one of the Top 100 Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers and by the American Society of Legal Advocates. Fay Arfa has also been selected as a California Super Lawyer.
Attorney Fay Arfa graduated from UCLA with academic honors, including Phi Beta Kappa. She then earned a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from UCLA. After earning her master’s degree, Attorney Arfa spent several years in pubic service. She worked for several years as a Deputy to Zev Yaroslavsky, then councilman of the Fifth District of Los Angeles.
While attending law school at night, Attorney Arfa accepted a law clerk position in a prestigious Century City law firm. After four years of working full time and going to law school at night, Attorney Arfa earned her law degree. She then worked for the United States government as an attorney for the Federal Aviation Administration and later prosecuted criminal cases as a Los Angeles Deputy City Attorney.
Attorney Arfa dedicates herself toward helping all people accused of crimes. She prides herself on giving personal attention and pulling out all the stops for people accused of crimes. She fights as hard as she can for all of her clients and makes sure that all of her clients get the most vigorous defense possible. Attorney Arfa’s clients consider her the “Best Defender.”
• Certified Specialist, Criminal Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
• Certified Specialist, Appellate Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
• Certified Criminal Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy (American Bar Assocation Accredited Organization)
• California State Bar
• U.S. District Court, Central District of California
• U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
• Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• U.S. Supreme Court
• GRADUATE: University of California at Los Angeles, Master of Public Administration ( M.P.A.)
• UNDERGRADUATE COLLEGE: University of California at Los Angeles (B.A., cum laude) Phi Beta Kappa.
• LAW SCHOOL: Southwestern University School of Law, J.D.